Apr 24, 2017
Dr. Ivy Love Margulies - Perinatal loss expert & Death Midwife
Going through a loss of a child during pregnancy, birth or postpartum can be devastating to a family. It's also hard to know what to do...how to even make decision moving forward. Psychlogist, Dr. Ivy Love Margulies shares her expertise in perinatal mental health, reproductive mental health, perinatal loss and her unique work as a death midwife, Reiki healer and ritual facilitator.
- Many parents are also dealing with trauma and PTSD after infant loss and we talk about how distressing it can be to deal with that in addition to the loss.
- Parents may be experiencing symptoms that are outside of "standard" Grief that are hard to understand. We talk about some of those too, which is so important to be aware of.
- How men and women grieve differently and things that you may notice about your partner.
- Trying to understand how you will get through this.
- Ivy also supports parents through the process of grief with her work as a death doula or death midwife by creating ritual, using healing crystals, meditation and many ways to help a parent ground themselves and find ways to comfort.
Contact Ivy for a Grounding meditation and more about the resources she offers:
Facebook: Dr. Ivy Margulies Angels Born Still